We’ve contacted some of our favorite wedding planners and asked them to share a bit of their expertise with us.
Our first contributor is Gina Jokilehto-Schigel, owner of ShiShi Events. Gina has seen a lot of weddings from start to finish, and she wanted to share the top 5 tips she stresses with her own brides.
- Make it personal! Your wedding should be completely reflective of the two of you and not a reflection of things you think you should do because your mother, sister, or best friend wants you to. The more personal the wedding, the more memorable it becomes for your guests!
- Location, location, location! Choose a location that shows off your personalities. There are many fantastic venues to choose from in Cleveland and beyond, it’s just a matter of uncovering the perfect one for you!
- Know where to splurge and where to skimp. While choices like entertainment, photography, and food should be splurged on, other items can be skimped on based on your preferences and priorities without the event losing impact.
- Keep everything in perspective. Ideally, this will be the one and only time you plan your wedding – try to take everything in stride and enjoy the experience! Let the little things be just that – little things!
- If you’re going to give favors to your guests, make them edible. I can’t tell you how many couples rack their brains trying to think of a creative little trinket, and the truth is, if they can’t eat it, usually the money spent is wasted. Make your favors favorite treats of yours and they will be a huge hit with your guests!
Thank you Gina!