Another of our favorite wedding planners, Amy Shipman, President of At Last Event Planning, wanted to share with us some of her tips for a bride who wants to be a little more creative than traditional. Here are some ideas you may not have thought of before:
- The Unexpected- Give your guests something they don’t expect and you’ll leave a lasting impression on them. A customized out-of-towners gift basket with local flair is the perfect way to welcome your out of town guests. Or perhaps a late night snack–after hours of cocktails and dancing, they’ll appreciate the treat!
- Be Creative- Don’t be afraid to ask your caterer to come up with creative alternatives to the items we have all come to expect from a wedding dinner. Food can be an art form; utilizing local and seasonal products will infuse a more personal feel.
- Lighting Is Everything- In good lighting, everything and everyone looks better. Often under-utilized lighting can transform your wedding space into something magical or downright funky; from a room wash in a dramatic bold hue to hundreds of whimsical paper lanterns or a custom logo projected on the dance floor, the right touch of light will make all the difference.
- Eclectic Style-The days of all round tables with one style of centerpiece are gone and in its place are a mix of round, square and long tables as well as several different centerpiece designs meant to capture your attention and create the WOW factor we all crave.
- Go Green- In a world that is increasingly focused on conserving and the environment, use your wedding as an opportunity to share your love of the earth with your guests…from recycled and/or plantable invitations to organic/local food and sustainable centerpieces, you can create a naturally romantic event!