Wedding & Event Planning
5 Creative Wedding Planning Tips You Haven’t Thought Of
Another of our favorite wedding planners, Amy Shipman, President of At Last Event Planning, wanted to share with us some of her tips for a bride who wants to be a little more creative than traditional. Here are some ideas you may not have thought of before:
- The Unexpected- Give your guests something they don’t expect and you’ll leave a lasting impression on them. A customized out-of-towners gift basket with local flair is the perfect way to welcome your out of town guests. Or perhaps a late night snack–after hours of cocktails and dancing, they’ll appreciate the treat!
- Be Creative- Don’t be afraid to ask your caterer to come up with creative alternatives to the items we have all come to expect from a wedding dinner. Food can be an art form; utilizing local and seasonal products will infuse a more personal feel.
- Lighting Is Everything- In good lighting, everything and everyone looks better. Often under-utilized lighting can transform your wedding space into something magical or downright funky; from a room wash in a dramatic bold hue to hundreds of whimsical paper lanterns or a custom logo projected on the dance floor, the right touch of light will make all the difference.
- Eclectic Style-The days of all round tables with one style of centerpiece are gone and in its place are a mix of round, square and long tables as well as several different centerpiece designs meant to capture your attention and create the WOW factor we all crave.
- Go Green- In a world that is increasingly focused on conserving and the environment, use your wedding as an opportunity to share your love of the earth with your guests…from recycled and/or plantable invitations to organic/local food and sustainable centerpieces, you can create a naturally romantic event!