Wedding & Event Planning
Tricia’s Top Ten Wedding Planning Tips
This guest blog post is courtesy of Tricia Dever from Always Eventful Wedding & Event Planning. She has been kind enough to share her top wedding planning tips with our readers.
Tricia’s Top Ten Tips!
10. First things first: make a budget
8. After major vendors are booked, you can spend months thinking and planning the details! The cake, the dress, the linens! That is the fun stuff, so look around, gather ideas and take your time in making decisions.
7. Save the Dates – these are great but be aware that if you are crunched with space, sending Save the Dates will increase your guest count at the wedding. When you send Save the Dates, that is what people do, SAVE THE DATE!
6. Lighting – lighting adds so much to wedding decor. If you can fit lighting into your budget, it really makes a huge impact on your space.
5. Think twice about favors – many couples are doing donations to charities now….tax deductible and lasts a lot longer than a box of chocolates!
4. Think out of the box with details – what do you and your fiancee like to do, what are your hobbies? Try to incorporate your personalities and style into the wedding. The little details are what people are going to remember.
3. Give yourself plenty of time to get from place to place…don’t schedule yourself so tight that there is no time for traffic, delays, etc.
2. Thank those around you – it is a very special day for you and your fiancee, but remember that for your parents, it is a day they have dreamed of since the moment you were born. Be sure to thank them in some special way – a card left at home after you leave, flowers on their bed, a hug as you walk down the aisle!
1. Take mental snapshots on your wedding day – step back, look around and really remember what is going on around you. These are the moments you will remember!